Friday, October 28, 2005

3 down - 1 to go

So I wrote three papers in 72 hours and am now so numb I can hardly even be terrified by the prospect that I have an oral examination in 6 days. I am not happy when I think about it, but I am more tired than nervous right now. That, I know, will change.

I remember glimpses of what I wrote and I think to myself how stupid it all was - how trivial and uninteresting and badly organised my thoughts.

The important thing, I think, in the next few days, will be to read the texts I said I would review and then to reread my papers and see if there are any obvious gaps and idiocies that I can do something about.

THEN it would be great if I could set up the beginnings of a dissertation proposal. I need to see one first of course and hope to get to that shortly.

Oh well, back to grading.