Friday, November 04, 2005

Almost ABD!

Yesterday I passed my qualifying exams - the orals were grueling and scary and I did not do as well as I would have liked to do, but I passed - and I will be extatic as soon as I get over the drop. I hope I never have to do something like that again.

Now I need to - rest, grade 90 papers, grade my rhet students presentations, read up on the stuff I couldn't answer at the exam, start reading for my dissertation proposal and talk to my advisor about what I am doing and who should be on my committee, make sure I catch up on everything to do with the GSA and go see my newest grandchild who was born today.

So far I have - talked to Rachel (she is so awesomely wonderful), played solitaire, started reading three different leasure books, played solitaire ... that's it.

Can I go home now?