Sunday, January 31, 2021

Forging ahead on 46 WTF with 46 who is hitting the ground running

 January 25

did some stuff - Taco Bell lunch at the park - did some stuff - talked to jonas - beef tips w mashed potato for dinner and watched the Phantom with Billy Zane. 's all. Numbers below are from Sunday - I didn't have the energy to catch up.

World: 99,706,375 - 2,139,803 dead
US: 25,291,320 - 420,965 
Russia:
Texas: 2,268,758 - 35,090 dead
Florida: 1,658,169 - 25,446 dead

Sweden: 547,166 - 11,005 dead

 

 January 26-30

Tuesday went to the park and the store and I made pork chops for dinner. Wednesday I made stew with brisket and it was good and we had it for Thursday too. Spent much of the week working on our international students and getting some clarity on the new website and realized that in 2024 we may be headed for a really really bad time and that made me depressed. Wednesday or so I at least managed to write back to MW. We called Andrew on his birthday and he was sweet and proud and knows how to write and read. I had ordered two sweaters from J.Jill that arrived. One day I ordered some crispbread and grill chips and the day after it arrived. Weird.

Thursday night we figured out Jim was eligible to sign up through Baylor to take his vaccine and so I checked mychart too and it turned out I could make an appointment so Friday noon he went and Saturday at 5:15 I went (there at 5 and done by 5:07 then sat for a while to make sure I was okay). Before that we had lunch with Lauri at Fish City Grill and it was lovely to sit outside in the sunshine but it really was windy and there were too many people at the other tables. Salmon tacos were good, Old Fashioned not so good. Sade was a really nice waitress with lovely red hair. 

The shot - Checked at the door to see that was not sick and then temperature checked and then in line for a minute and then got checked in at booth 6 by a nice young woman who appreciated that I had filled my information in online and then the next line that took a minute and then booth 10 with a nice young man who gave me the shot and told me to follow the arrows in the floor to the waiting area. I took a picture and posted to Facebook in support of getting the shot and then left. Three hours later I am a little sore and that is all. 

Also checked the mailbox and there is a package probably from mom but more importantly from Homeland Security a notice they will use my old biometrics so I do not have to redo that and they are in the process of processing. It might really really happen. YAY.

January 31

talked to rachel and then annika and then annika again and then mom. I have a much better idea of what to say to L. and what I want (which also helps). Out late, sex, Fish n Fizz, campus for some pictures and then the grocery store for a cabbage stew thingy. Arm a bit more tender, but more raw then tender to the touch. 

T is worse - several tumors in the brain, so no radiation. It so fucking sucks and I am not sure what to say or send or do. Will have to think on that.

World: 102,926,497 - 2,227,003 dead
US: 26,180,411 - 441,302 
Russia:
Texas: 2,372,878 - 37,074 dead
Florida: 1,721,377 - 26,479 dead
Sweden: 566,957 - 11,591 dead
 
 

No comments: