Sunday, January 03, 2021

WTF the fortysecond and the end of the blighted 2020 - alrighty then.

 December 28

Slow morning - talked to mom. Went to Chickfila for lunch and took it to the park - I got to walk part of the trail and it made me very happy. I guess it tells my body we are okay and moving and strong and there is no immediate danger to tackle so it lowers stress. When people talk about how they feel about jogging or hiking or riding or whatever it is they do it always out as if the feelings are external commentary, but they are an integral part of the experience. So it's not "doing that makes me happy" but rather "doing that IS happy". 

Set up appt for Jim to get tested and had to wait three hours for them to get back with us during which time I did laundry and we watched the beginning of an Inspector Lewis and then we waited for 45 minutes in the parking lot and he got tested and was negative. Made sausage and gravy and mashed potatoes for him and fried rice for me. That works.

World: 81,451,630 - 1,778,064 dead
US: 19,313,314 - 335,051 dead
Russia:
Texas: 1,700,850 - 27,038 dead
Florida: 1,280,177 - 21,308 dead
Sweden: 428,533 - 8,484 dead 
 
December 29
Talked to mom and Page and it was lovely. Got out late and went to the post office and then past Ben's to deliver gifts and then El Primo - amazing place with rooftop seating and great service and food. Finally put together the bowflex. Clear and comprehensive manual but it still took altogether three hours. Pulled my back - ah well. Put some Voltaren on - not sure if that was related to the nausea and dizziness that came and went.
Daily deathtoll in the US 3,628

December 30
Breakfast at McD and the park - it was raining, but still. Skipped lunch but did clean up some paperwork and went to Plano Municipal court for Jim's ticket that is now taken care of. Did 10 rounds of 90 seconds on the bowflex across the day - whoa.
 
December 31
Talked with Inger and then a long visit with mom who talked about the past and mormor and dad and lots ...... lunch at Fuel city and then we looked at lights and then it got late and on the way home Jonas and the kids called with mom and it was lovely and then I made Biff Greta and then we watched El Cid and then CRAIG doing the Dr Who song and then I fell in love again with my dearest. I believe, I will believe. In the triumph of intellect and romance over brute force and cynicism. So there https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9P4SxtphJ4 . 

January 1-3
Well, I can't remember much of the details .... Friday I do not know much of what we did, but I made pancakes for breakfast and then we muddled about and I talked with David for an hour and then Jim talked with Kim for an hour and then maybe we went out for a little but I don't know. I may have vacuumed and watered plants. We had biff Greta again and watched something on television I don't remember. 
 
Saturday Jim went to meet with Cameron and I talked to mom again and she talked about religion and asked about what I would be if I had to pick one and I said judaism or buddhism and she agreed. I did beading for a while and was on the bowflex for a while and listened to my music and ported some of the playlists. Jim came home and we did fish and fizz and it was so good and then we saw They Call me Trinity. Surprisingly dirty and gritty (and funny at times), but otherwise unremarkable.
 
Sunday was Milton and I was not quite sharp and then Container Store and then Michaels and then McDonalds lunch at the park and I walked and it makes me so happy to be alive and strong and walk and fill my lungs with oxygen and see the people with their dogs and picnics and reading to their kids and playing and the trees and plants and LIFE. Then we went to Pie Emporium and got pies and there was a lot lot lot of people and I was a bit skittish because I want folks at LEAST 6 feet away, preferably 8 or 9. We stopped at Albertson's and then I had smoked salmon and brie for dinner and it was yummy. We were going to watch Dr Who's Christmas Special but figured out we had missed the three last episodes of season twelve so we watched the first one we had missed - about Mary and Percey Bysse Shelley. Beware Cybermen. Ended the evening with Craig interviewing Robin Williams.

World: 85,098,528 - 1,842,805 dead
US: 20,633,183 - 351,472 dead
Russia:
Texas: 1,810,320 - 28,430 dead
Florida: 1,365,436 - 21,987 dead
Sweden: 437,379 - 8,727 dead

No comments: