Monday, January 18, 2021

Second week of the new year and we are at 44 WTF

 January 11

World: 90,260,468 - 1,934,784 dead
US: 22,404,484 - 374,322 dead
Russia:
Texas: 1,968,189 - 30,479 dead
Florida: 1,477,010 - 22,912 dead

Sweden: 489,471 - 9,433 dead 

I have nothing else - long day trying to get people readmitted, meeting with students and trying to get everything to hold still.

 

January 12

Impeachment procedures moving forward. T**** is devolving in front of our eyes, today in Texas near the border where he explained that the wall saved us from the evil mexicans. Last week's riots are turning out to be much worse than we thought, more violent with numerous seriously wounded police. Joint chiefs of staff felt the need to sign a joint statement that Biden won and will be inaugurated next week and that military forces would obey lawful orders. https://news.usni.org/2021/01/12/message-from-joint-chiefs-on-u-s-capitol-riot . 

January 13

Had a dream, which is unusual. Pleasantly disturbing, which is even more unusual. Trying to hold on to the moment, the staggering closeness, but like melting snow it is gone. Short lunch and then short dinner and worked until 11 pm to get the fact sheets done. Got them done and mostly caught up on the students coming in and getting registered or not, with holds or not. Aaagh. Listened to my music and got dizzy with being there but here.

January 14

4,000 dead daily - hospitals overrun, and we are used to it somehow. You decide you are not going to die this day and then you move on.

Jim was out and I got lunch from Panda Express. Ate in the park and got a short walk in. Admin meeting when we all pretend the world is normal in our little boxes. Made a chicken dinner that was not as appreciated as I hoped. Ah well.

It is getting clear the riot was organized, that people planned, and that right wing militias were in all four corners. The repubs have fed a monster and it will devour them if they don't take care. I will be much happier after Wednesday. It will still be hard, and there are risks, but they will have to regroup. 

There was something I wanted to make sure to write down --- oh, this morning. Jim teased me by holding out a pen or something and when I tried to take it he held back, did it several times and I just shut down. I went back to third grade when the kids in my class stole my jacket with the metal stars on it and held it out like that and after gym when I got back to the changing room they had taken all the studs out and I cried. I think I still wore the jacket after that, but there is so little I remember. I think that is what Louise was apologizing for at McDonalds ten years later. I wonder if that is why I have such a hard time really fighting for something I want, because I am afraid someone will take it from me on purpose and so I get by without, not looking vulnerable. So much of my life forged in that one moment and I didn't even know until this morning. 

January 15-17

Friday was work and a lot of it and finally done around six and then we had dinner and watched the first half of Fiddler on the Roof and Saturday we got up and went out and had McDonalds and breakfast in the park and i got a walk and then we tried to go to the Kimbell, but there were too many people there so we got food from Railhead and went home and watched the rest of Fiddler on the Roof and had dinner. It was a really good movie and touching to see what mormor's parents' life might have been like. 

World: 95,045,802 - 2,030,842 dead
US: 23,936,773 - 397,600 dead
Russia: 3,530,379 - 64,601
Texas: 2,127,111 - 32,600 dead
Florida: 1,571,279 - 24,137 dead

Sweden: 523,486 - 10,323 dead 

Sunday was Milton and the on-going confusion on whether it was God the father or God the son who punished Adam and Eve. Then working on beads for a while and out for lunch at in-n-out and a part of the book. A lovely walk at the Spring Creek part where we ran into David Channell and then Dennis and Matt. There was sex when we came home and then BBQ for dinner. Tried to get popcorn but the movie theater closed early. We did watch A Promising Young Woman and it was quite good and very powerful.  SO far, so good.

No comments: